347320, Rostov region, town of Tsymlyansk, Lenina st., 24.
Phone number: (86391) 5-11-44, (86391) 5-12-48.
Tsymlyanskiy district is situated to the northeast of Rostov region and boarders with Morozovskiy, Konstantinovskiy and Volgodonskiy districts of Rostov region and with Volgograd region. The district eastern part is washed by the Tsymlyanskiy reservoir.
The district administrative center is town of Tsymlyansk, located 230 km away from Rostov-on-Don. The nearest town of Volgodonsk is located 15 km away. The distance from Tsymlyansk to Konstantinovsk is 75 km, to Morozovsk – 80 km, to Kotelnikovo in Volgograd region – 77 km.
The distance to the regional centers of Volgograd and Krasnodar from the district administrative center is 316 km and 500 km correspondingly, to Moscow – 1135 km.
The Don Cossacks founded the town of Tsymlyansk in 1672 as a Cossack settlement Ust-Tsymla. There is a supposition, the settlement name originated from the nearby river Tsymla. In 18th century the town attracted the Cossacks from the whole Don land, they were demolishing the walls of the medieval fortress Sarkel and taking the bricks to all parts of the land, to the land capital of Cherkassk for constructing the new fortress walls. There is no particular date of the town foundation. The first historic references of the Ust-Tsymla date back to 1672, but the official archives mention the town only since 1692. The first town settlers were frequently attacked by the Tatars and disturbed by the Don River spring floods, making them move from place to place. The campaign chronicles of Peter the Great, dated 1696, mentioned, that the Tsymla settlement was located on the Don River right bank. By that time, the settlement was a small square, surrounded by an earth embankment, long split logs, digged into soil and a blackthorn fence. Later on, the dugouts were reconstructed into steady homes and households. The settlement grew into a large Cossack village – stanitsa. The Cossacks, inhabiting the village, were occupied with agriculture, cattle breeding and trading salt, mined at the Manych river.
The warm southern climate contributed to vine growing; the grape grafts were imported from Hungary, Iran, and the Rein river banks. There is a story, that in April 1709, on the way to Cherkassk, Peter the Great stayed for a stormy night at the Tsymla village, at the Cossack Klemenov’s home. The Cossack did not recognize the tsar and started arguing with him about the new orders, imposed by the tsar on the Don land. The next day, Peter the Great said to the Cossack who he was, gathered the meeting and told all the Cossacks about the vine plantations, he saw abroad. Then he planted a couple of vine grafts himself. By the beginning of the 19th century, the number of vine bushes planted at the village was over 30 thousands. Despite its remote location from the railway lines and absence of the water lines during the winter period, the village was occupied by commerce. At the end of the 19th – beginning of the 20th centuries, the village became a large commercial center, covered by gardens and vineyards. That was a location for various fairs, attracting merchants from all parts of Russia. Tsymlyansk became known as a fine recreation place.
Tsymlyanskiy district and the town of Tsymlyansk are the large industrial centers in the East of Rostov region. 75% of district total production volume belongs to power industry enterprises, processing, food and light industry enterprises, engineering and metal processing.
The large local enterprises are Tsymlyanskaya HPS, “Tsymlyanskie vina” Ltd., “Tsymlyanskiy ship constructing plant” CC, etc. The district has a carpet and garment factories, ferroconcrete manufacturing plant, and a number of other industrial enterprises.
The district territory is crossed regional motorways “Morozovsk – Tsymlyansk - Volgodonsk” and “Shakhty - Tsymlyansk”. The motorway “Morozovsk – Tsymlyansk - Volgodonsk” section at the Tsymlyanskaya dam lies on a unique bridge passage with the extension of 12 km, comprising of 4 river bridges, the bridge accesses, the regulating constructions and an overbridge. The Don river is crossed by a bridge 775 km long. The railway trunk “Morozovsk - Kuberle” also crosses the district territory, the station Krasnoyarskaya is located near Tsymlyansk.
The distance from Tsymlyansk to the nearest Volgodonsk airport is 15 km, to the Taganrog seaport – 240 km.
The district educational institutions include 15 kindergartens for 1014 kids, 24 secondary schools, children’s home, professional trade school, a branch of the Rostov cooperative trade school.
The healthcare net is represented by the central district hospital for 235 patients, a circuit hospital for 25 patients, 16 obstetric care clinics, 9 ambulances.