346330, Rostov region, Town of Donetsk, Prospect Mira, 39.
Phone number: (86368) 2-25-44, (86368) 2-15-09.
General information and Geographic Outline
Donetsk is a town of regional subordination, situated to the north-west of Rostov region, at the north-west spurs of the Donetsk mountain-ridge, on the river Severskyi Donets and boarders with Krasnodonskyi district of the Ukrainian Lugansk region. The distance from the town to Rostov-on-Don is 171 km. The town area is 11 000 hectares. The population is 53.1 thousand people.
1. Brief historical information about the city and its interesting places
The history of the city originates in 1681 when the village Gundorovskaya was founded. In December, 1945 the village Gundorovskaya was transformed to the working settlement. In 1951 it received the status of the city of regional submission as a part of the Kamensk area. On June 30, 1955 the city of Gundorovka Ukazom of Presidium of the Supreme Council of RSFSR was renamed into the city of Donetsk of regional submission with the population in 33 thousand people. The biography of modern Donetsk begins since a laying of the first mines.
In 1938 to the steppe, to the south of Gundorovskaya's village, shakhtostroitel came and started constructing three small mines, and next year put large mine "Yugo-Vostochnaya" which came into service in 1940.
In 1941 construction of the mines which received at that time the name was developed: "Severo – Gundorovskaya No. 2", Severo – Gundorovskaya No. 3№, "Severo – Izvarinskaya No. 1", "Hugo – Western No. 1". Near Gundorovskaya's station the steppe became covered by copras of mines, quarters of mining settlements began to grow. But peaceful work was interrupted by war with fascist Germany.
A lot of grief was tested by miner's families and collective farmers of the village of Gundorovskaya in days of occupation. Tens inhabitants were brutally killed by fascists. Thousand the gundorovskikh of miners battled on fronts of Patriotic war. Many didn't come back home. In Donetsk hold the lost fellow countrymen sacred. In the settlements of Gundorovsky and Shevyrevka monuments to the lost soldiers are erected. In Donetsk there lived Heroes of the Soviet Union V. F. Tsvetkov and Z.A. Krasnov, their names are born by city streets.
In 1943 after exile of invaders (on February 15, 1943), recovery work began, new mines were under construction. In days of post-war five-years periods the city was enriched with new mines: "Central" (1946), "Izvarinskaya" (1948), "Gundorovskaya" (1951), "Donetsk" (1955). The most powerful of them "Southwest" (it is constructed in 1954), now Zapadnaya mine. At the beginning of the same year the central concentrating factory started working.
In 1944 for the organization of the management of mines the Gundorovugol trust was created, and in 1955 it was renamed into Donetskugol trust which part 8 mines and one mine office were. In 1949 the 14 million pieces brick-works of a brick in a year were constructed.
The city of Donetsk from the miner's town gradually turns into the city of mechanicians and textile workers. These enterprises gave a new impetus to a development of the city, it got the status of the industrial city.
Modern Donetsk – the industrial center of East Donbass.
The industry of the city is presented by the large enterprises of textile, machine-building branches. Dynamically small business develops.
As well as didn't receive the majority of the miner's cities, Donetsk uniform architecturally – the planning decision. It consists of the settlements located from the center at distance of 5-8 km.