Address: Rostov-on-Don, B. Sadovaya St. (Pokrovsky Square)
The old and Pokrovsk temple is located at center of the Don capital in Pokrovsky Square where in three centuries three orthodox churches were replaced already.
The stone in the base of the Pokrovsk temple was put in February, 2005. The church was built the whole world – not only residents of Rostov, but also residents of Moscow, St. Petersburg, Chelyabinsk region. It turned out very beautifully: gold calottes shine, seven bells have solemnly something in common. The input to the temple is decorated with skillfully laid out mosaic, and doors – a handwork thread. In the temple – white marble walls and the blue arches, floors from granite of claret color. The iconostasis was cut from white marble of the master of the Ural village of Koyegla. The temple is painted by artists from Novocherkassk after plots were approved by the archbishop Rostovsky and Novocherkassk Panteleimon.
Temples for the sake of the Intercession of the Theotokos were located in Pokrovsky Square within three centuries. Wooden Church of the Intercession, in 1735 on a brevnyshka transferred to Dimitry of Rostov's fortress from the abolished Saint Anne's fortress was the first. The wooden church was replaced by the second Pokrovsk temple operating 111 years. On a legend, on its belfry there was very first tower clock in the city. Under the church arches of this church at various times on services there were outstanding people of Russia, for example, the commander Alexander Suvorov. In 1897 there was a tab of the grandiose stone building to a majestic 75-meter belltower over an antechurch. The temple was built by the Rostov merchant Georgy Pustovoytov in memory of his wife.